The Innovative Company, an enterprise formed by three award-winning and slightly crazy hot sauce entrepreneurs, has just released Afterlife, the third in its new line of hot sauces. Afterlife contains the Ghost Chili, or Bhut Jolokia, from India, rated by the Guinness Book of World Records as the hottest pepper in the world. It is 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce and off the charts on the Scoville Scale, used to measure the heat of peppers, at over 1 million! For comparison, its popular companion in this sauce, bird’s eye, or peri-peri, is a “mere” 100,000 on the scale.
Appropriately, Afterlife’s label shows a hooded death figure with a chili pepper scythe over his shoulder, ready to cut down anyone with the nerve to try the bottle’s contents. The label was designed by an artist who won a contest set up by The Innovative Company and the Connecticut Art Directors Club to showcase New England artists and let them share in the profits from their work.
“That label’s not kidding,” says David Ashley, owner of Ashley Food Company and one of the founders of Innovative. “This is a last man standing kind of hot sauce. And the bird’s eye pepper balances it out with a taste that’s very popular among hot sauce lovers these days.”
“Hot sauce is a fun product, and this artist clearly had a good time characterizing Afterlife,” says Charlie Schandelmayer, founder of Sauce Crafters and another partner in The Innovative Company. “It was an artist friend of David’s who directed us to the Connecticut Art Directors Club, and we worked with them to set up a contest for designing our labels. It’s been a smash hit.”
The Innovative Company has been producing and distributing private label sauces for small and large clients (including a successful line for the B&O Railroad Museum and a sauce for Save a Dog, a dog rescue organization) and is now producing its own sauces.
“We are equally excited about our sauces and about giving artists an opportunity to do something different and make a little cash,” says Chris McCarthy, founder of Insane Chicken and The Innovative Company’s third partner. “Hot sauce and hot artists are a winning combination.”
The Innovative Company LLC is a partnership between David Ashley (Ashley Food Company, Chris McCarthy (Insane Chicken), Charlie Schandelmayer (Sauce Crafters), who have a combined 46 years of experience in the food business. We manufacture many lines of our own products and co-pack products for other companies, private label large or small account, and we store and ship products. We currently operate 20 web sites and will be adding several more in the near future.
© 2011, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- Boom Hot Sauce Aids Health and Support Artists
- Artist and Company Will Share Profits from New Hot Hippo Sauce
- Hot Sauce Kings Blend Skills to Create Smokin’ Marketing Opportunity
- Legendary Railroad Comes Alive In New Line of Hot Sauces
- Introducing a Hot Sauce for Dog Lovers
- New Ghost Pepper Sauce Gives Consumers True Taste of World’s Hottest Pepper
- Spice Up Your Love Life with Envy
- InsaneChicken Wins First Place for Fire Roasted Habanero Hot Sauce
- B&O Railroad Ghost Train Hot Sauce Review
- When You Like It Hotter – Mad Dog 357 Hot Sauce
- Blueberry Hell Private Reserve Hot Sauce Review
- Heartbreaking Dawns Mauvais Sang (Bad Blood) Review
- Holiday Jolokia Sauce Recipe
- A New Level of Insanity – InsaneChicken Announces Choke Your Chicken Peri-Peri Hot Sauce
- Chileheads, Lend a Hand…..
Filed Under: Press Releases