The Innovative Company, a consortium of three award-winning hot sauce entrepreneurs, has just released its premier hot sauce product, Hot Hippo Hot Sauce. The sauce’s main ingredient is the very hot – in taste and popularity – peri-peri pepper, claimed by some to be the hottest pepper in Africa. The colorful and amusing Hot Hippo label is also the first created by a contest-winning artist, Beth Ann Strong who will be given royalties on the sale of each bottle. The contest was conceived by The Innovative Company as a way to showcase and assist artists, and it worked with the Connecticut Art Directors Club to make it happen. The Innovative Company plans to produce more of its labels this way.
“Hot Hippo is an exciting beginning for us,” says Charlie Schandelmayer, founder of Sauce Crafters and a partner in The Innovative Company. “The peri-peri pepper – also known as the African devil – has a unique, wonderful flavor that’s got hot sauce users all heated up. It may be the most popular pepper out there – and for good reason.”
The Innovative Company has been producing and distributing private label sauces for small and large clients – including a successful line for the B&O Railroad Museum and a sauce for Save a Dog, a dog rescue organization – and is now releasing four of its own sauces.
“We’re even excited about the labels on our new products,” says David Ashley, owner of Ashley Food Company and another Innovative partner. “Hot sauce labels should be fun and attractive, right? So, we thought, why not get designers and artists like Beth Ann to create them?”
“I had fun creating the artwork and copy for the label,” says Strong. “I’m always looking for creative outlets and a chance to do something out of the ordinary. The Innovative Company has started a new tradition that gives opportunities for graphic designers to apply their ideas – and earn some bragging rights in the process.”
“The contest was an amazing success,” says Chris McCarthy of Insane Chicken, Innovative’s third partner. “We got fantastic labels and the artists will get publicity and share in our monetary success. They’ll appear on our website, and, if they want, we’ll even link to their artist websites from our site.”
The Innovative Company LLC is a partnership between David Ashley (Ashley Food Company, Chris McCarthy (Insane Chicken), Charlie Schandelmayer (Sauce Crafters), who have a combined 46 years of experience in the food business. We manufacture many lines of our own products and co-pack products for other companies, private label large or small account, and we store and ship products. We currently operate 12 web stores and will be adding several more in the near future.
© 2010, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- Hot Sauce Kings Blend Skills to Create Smokin’ Marketing Opportunity
- A New Level of Insanity – InsaneChicken Announces Choke Your Chicken Peri-Peri Hot Sauce
- Legendary Railroad Comes Alive In New Line of Hot Sauces
- Choke Your Chicken Hot Sauce Review
- New Ghost Pepper Sauce Gives Consumers True Taste of World’s Hottest Pepper
- Spice Up Your Love Life with Envy
- Organic Originals Launches Operation “Hot Sauce 4 Heroes,” Gives Soldiers On Front Lines Gourmet Taste of Home
- When You Like It Hotter – Mad Dog 357 Hot Sauce
- An Interview with T-Rev’s Stiff Willi Chili
- Dave’s Insanity Hot Sauce Review
- Mad Dog 357 Hot Sauce Review
- Heartbreaking Dawns Gourmet Meridian Serrano Sauce Review
- Cin Chili turned up the Heat at the Austin Hot Sauce Festival
- Mexican Hot Sauce Recipe
- Captain Jack’s Caribbean Style Pepper Sauce Review
Filed Under: Press Releases