Fire roasted salsa (tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, garlic, salt, citric acid), Apple Cider, Apple Cider Vinegar, Apple Puree, Red Savina and other Habanero Peppers, Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt
I was really happy about receiving a bottle of this sauce to review. I have read so many reviews giving this high ratings. And, I have to say that this sauce is definitely is one of the best sauces that I have had this year. I would probably put it in my top three for this year. Please read on to find out why.
The label has a old school feel to it. It has a it’s name in bold lettering surrounded by filigree. It also has a red dragon on it with a apple behind the dragon. On the label, it says that it’s “Guaranteed to cure bland food”. It also states that it is “Good for what ails you”
Upon further inspection, I notice tons of spices mixed with pepper seeds in the deep red sauce. It has a rather runny consistency. It’s aroma is enticing. You can smell the tomatos and the sweet ,but pungent smell of the Savinas. This sauce had my mouth watering before I even tried it on food. That’s always a plus for a sauce.
The first thing when you taste is a fresh salsa taste to the sauce. Specifically, the tomatoes, garlic, and onions. What really surprises me is that I don’t really notice the two different types of vinegars in it. If any of you have read some of my previous reviews, you know that I strongly dislike the use of vinegar in sauces , especially in the first few main ingredients. The balsamic vinegar had me concerned. I didn’t know exactly what to expect. But, Mr. Crane did a wonderful job of blending the balsamic vinegar with the rest of the ingredients. After tasting the fresh taste of salsa, you get a hint of jalapeno followed by the citrusy taste of the red savinas.
Heatwise, it has a good burn. It’s not a severe burn. But, if you are a novice chilehead, please give this sauce respect. Overall, I would highly recommend this sauce to everyone. Everything I put this sauce on became instantly better. To purchase Dragon’s Blood Elixir, go to: www.dragonsbloodelixir.com
© 2010 – 2011, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- Satan’s Blood Hot Sauce Review
- Choke Your Chicken Hot Sauce Review
- Professor Payne Indeass’s Butt Blazin’ Recipe #3 Wimp Retardant X-Hot Sauce Review
- B&O Railroad Fire Box Hot Sauce Review
- Marie Sharp’s Fiery Hot Red Habanero Pepper Sauce Review
- Dave’s Insanity Hot Sauce Review
- Fear Hot Sauce Review
- Green Bandit Cilantro Hot Sauce Review
- Buddha Bill’s Hickory Roasted Pepper Sauce Review
- Dr. Chilemeister’s Sick and Evil Deadly Brew – Insane Hot Sauce Review
- Neal’s Hairy Ass Hot Sauce Review
- Blair’s Megadeath Hot Sauce Review
- Hellfire Sweet Heat Hot Sauce Review
- Killer Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- Hot Sauce from Scratch
Filed Under: Hot Sauce Reviews