Twisted Pine Brewing Company is bottling the world’s hottest beer.
The brewery, that is famous for incorporating | bringing | adding more unusual flavors to its whimsically titled beers, is going to launch Ghost Face Killah in twelve-ounce single bottles for Cinco de Mayo. It’s the very first time this unique sizzling hot cult beer has been marketed in bottles.
The beer is produced with five renowned peppers — Anaheim, Fresno, jalapeno, Serrano and habanero — and the hottest pepper in the universe: the ghost pepper (known in India as bhut jolokia) which, having two hundred times the heat of jalapenos. The producers had to wear masks and gloves to prepare the peppers.
Twisted Pine came up with the concept to brew Ghost Face Killah in the summer of 2009, following consumers at the Snowmass Chili Pepper Brew Fest lamented that the brewery’s favorite Billy’s Chilies beer was not hot and spicy enough for them.
Hence the brewers experimented with several beers and finally settled on a wheat beer, immersing the peppers in the beer after it had fermented. They offered it initially on Cinco de Mayor last year and took it to Snowmass the next summer.
The beer is in no way associated or authorized by Wu Tang’s Ghostface Killah, Twisted Pine Brewery was inspired by the iconic rapper’s swagger. When making “Ghost Face Killah,” the brewery attempted several times to reach out to Ghostface to create a partnership, but he never called them back.
Twisted Pine has submitted Ghost Face Killah to the Guinness Book of World Records, hoping to have it named as the hottest beer in the world. Ghost Face Killah is limited to 100 bottles and will be available in time for Cinco de Mayo.
© 2011, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- New Ghost Pepper Sauce Gives Consumers True Taste of World’s Hottest Pepper
- World’s Hottest Pepper “Ghost Chili”
- Old Man Versus The World’s Hottest Pepper (Bhut Jolokia)
- New World’s Hottest Pepper Hails from UK
- Da Bomb Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce Review
- List of the Hottest Hot Sauces
- World’s Hottest Hot Sauces of All Time
- The Ghost Hot Sauce Review
- World’s Hottest Hot Sauce is a Pepper Extract That Can Kill
- Legendary Railroad Comes Alive In New Line of Hot Sauces
- B&O Railroad Ghost Train Hot Sauce Review
- Holiday Jolokia Sauce Recipe
- Fear Hot Sauce Review
- Blueberry Hell Private Reserve Hot Sauce Review
- Chile Pepper Pain
Filed Under: Press Releases