A Canadian man is alerting his neighbors as to what is apparently a outrageous case of animal abuse. If you have burnt yourself wit hot sauce you can really feel for this poor cat.
Frank Streicher of Bloomfield Street explained someone dropped hot pepper sauce over his cat.
Streicher’s tenant, Rike Anders, discovered the pet in great discomfort outside the residence Thursday evening.
“She came home, she was really screaming,” Anders, an exchange college undergraduate from Germany studying at Dalhousie University, said in an interview Monday.
“She couldn’t open her eyes because she had orange stuff on her head (and body). . . . I took a towel with water to clean her eyes because she couldn’t see anything.
“She was very frightened.”
The compound burned Anders’s hands as she anxiously attempted to clean Sophie, a five-year-old female.
“At first, we thought it was a kind of acid because it smelled so strong,” Anders said.
Sophie appears to be in good condition, but her fur remains to be discolored, Streicher said Monday.
He has spoke with his neighbors, but not anyone else has experienced issues with their pets. However ,, he has heard of Twitter posts talking about a cat just nearby from his home – covered in some type of substance.
Regardless of whether it was an isolated occurrence or not, he explained this was no accident.
“It was all over the cat’s body,” said Streicher, who also is the owner of a dog. “It was either a trap or somebody poured it over her.”
Sophie is normally a receptive, friendly cat, but she has become distrustful of people and doesn’t wander far from the home.
An SPCA spokeswoman said Monday she wasn’t aware of the report, but Streicher stated he has been in contact with SPCA workers.
He has lived in his current location for 10 years. Nothing like this has ever happened, but these days he is concerned about the kind of “psychopath” capable of producing this sort of cruelty.
“Usually, they don’t stop at animals,” he said.
Anders was seriously shaken by the ordeal.
“How can somebody do this to an animal?”
© 2011, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- List of the Hottest Hot Sauces
- New World’s Hottest Pepper Hails from UK
- World’s Hottest Hot Sauces of All Time
- Blair’s Megadeath Hot Sauce Review
- Holiday Jolokia Sauce Recipe
- B&O Railroad Ghost Train Hot Sauce Review
- Heartbreaking Dawns Mauvais Sang (Bad Blood) Review
- Satan’s Blood Hot Sauce Review
- Health Benefits of Hot Sauce
- The Ghost Hot Sauce Review
- World’s Hottest Hot Sauce is a Pepper Extract That Can Kill
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Maker Moving to a New Factory
- Fear Hot Sauce Review
- Dave’s Temporary Insanity Sauce Review
- World’s Hottest Pepper “Ghost Chili”
Filed Under: Hot Sauce Information