Vinegar, Mango, Pineapple Juice, Raisins, Oranges, Red Habanero Peppers, Natural Sugar, Salt, Xanthan Gum
I probably would have been reluctant to even try this sauce if I would have read the ingredients before opening the bottle. I don’t like real fruity and sweet sauces especially when there is more fruit than peppers. But, that’s not the case. So, read on to find out what I thought.
On the label is a cartoonish, big-breasted woman with her legs crossed with a smug look on her face. In the background is a multi-colored leopard print with several stars placed everywhere. I probably would have passed this sauce on by in a shop just by label alone. It has a dark brown hue to it that makes it hard to distinguish any ingredients floating around. I saw some small dark chunks in it. I am assuming those were pieces of raisins.
After trying this sauce straight up on my hand, I was appalled. This sauce isn’t “I wanna throw up” terrible. It was a “too sweet” terrible. All I tasted was a blend of pineapple juice and raisins. A small hint of habs brushed the surface. But, that was short lived.
So, after trying this on my hand, I decided to try this as a steak sauce since a lot of steak sauces use raisins. What did I think?
It was too sweet. It did not go good with my steak or even the chicken I tried it on. I always try to give a sauce the benefit of the doubt and try it on multiple things. But, no matter what I tried it on, it made my food overbearingly sweet. If half the ingredients were taken out and there was more of a hab presence in this sauce, I might have liked it better.
Overall, I would not recommend this sauce. I only ate enough to try to give this a fair review. The rest, I dumped out.
You can find this sauce at:
© 2011, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- Dragon’s Blood Elixir Hot Sauce Review
- Dave’s Insanity Hot Sauce Review
- B&O Railroad Fire Box Hot Sauce Review
- Hellfire Hot Sauce Devil’s Revenge Private Reserve 2011 Review
- Kato’s Hemi Hot Sauce Review
- Haitian Hot Pepper Sauce Recipe
- Marie Sharp’s Fiery Hot Red Habanero Pepper Sauce Review
- Fear Hot Sauce Review
- Dr. Chilemeister’s Sick and Evil Deadly Brew – Insane Hot Sauce Review
- Hellfire Sweet Heat Hot Sauce Review
- VooDoo Magic Hot Sauce Review
- Heartbreaking Dawns Mauvais Sang (Bad Blood) Review
- Professor Payne Indeass’s Butt Blazin’ Recipe #3 Wimp Retardant X-Hot Sauce Review
- Choke Your Chicken Hot Sauce Review
- Heartbreaking Dawns 2010 Limited Edition Albo’Gator
Filed Under: Hot Sauce Reviews