The Ghost Hot Sauce reviewed by Joey Neill
So there I was searching the Internet one night, looking for the mother of all hot sauces. After reading more and more on the Bhut Jolokia pepper I just HAD to give it a try. I’d never tried anything like it before and until now I was more of a jalapeño & habanera kind of guy. I don’t enjoy hot/spicy just for the sake of being hot and spicy. I want flavor and boldness. There’s a fine line there I’m sure but whatever, I’m crossing it.
Well after a few days of waiting, The Ghost arrived at my door. My initial reaction to the bottle was that I hope they spent more time on the flavor inside because the label looks like it was an afterthought. When I think hot sauce label design I think folk art and/or death – not banshee.
I was prepared to have to drink a gallon of milk after trying this one out but instead I took the bottle to a local burrito joint, ordered my regular black bean, yellow rice, chicken and jalapeno burrito, and put the tiniest of dabs in the corner of what would become the first bite.
Let me just start off my saying that if you’re not into hot, HOT sauce then don’t even try this. If you are into it though and have yet to give it a go, do yourself a flavor and pick up a bottle. This stuff wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be at all. It was hot but not uncomfortable hot. Upon first taste you get that nervous feeling like, “uh oh – this was a bad idea” but then it kind of spreads around like a magical sunburst of sweetness. It’s hot flavor from the Bhut Jolokia pepper is definitely present but the mashup between that and the papaya, fresh carrots, lime juice, passion fruit and garlic make it just the right amount of awesome and just shy enough of having to call 911.
© 2010 – 2011, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.
- Fear Hot Sauce Review
- New Ghost Pepper Sauce Gives Consumers True Taste of World’s Hottest Pepper
- World’s Hottest Pepper “Ghost Chili”
- Mountain Man Fire Roasted Habanero Sauce Review
- Captain Jack’s Caribbean Style Pepper Sauce Review
- VooDoo Magic Hot Sauce Review
- Heartbreaking Dawns 2010 Limited Edition Albo’Gator
- Dave’s Temporary Insanity Sauce Review
- Hooter’s Hot Sauce Review
- Great Brittain Enjoys the Spice of Life
- Obama’s Health Care Hot Sauce Review
- Mad Dog 357 Hot Sauce Review
- Choke Your Chicken Hot Sauce Review
- Satan’s Blood Hot Sauce Review
- Marie Sharp’s Fiery Hot Red Habanero Pepper Sauce Review
Filed Under: Hot Sauce Reviews